THIS RECIPE IS UPDATED AND SIMPLIFIED, using mostly the same ingredients but now it's much easier and faster to make. A timer is helpful and be sure to keep the water boiling the whole time. - Jenny Jones
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces pasta
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (1 1/2 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic in oil in a saucepan on medium-high for one minute until golden.
- Add pasta and water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and cook.
- Three minutes before pasta is done, toss the broccoli on top and quickly close the lid.
- One minute before pasta is done, stir in spinach. Cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
Note: For a creamier pasta, whisk together 1/2 cup water with 2 tsp. flour and stir in just before the spinach.
Sill want the old recipe? Click here.