You will need a large baking sheet (mine measures 18 x 13”) and a smaller disposable foil broiler pan that fits inside (I use a disposable 12 x 9-inch foil broiler pan). The broiler pan is to contain the fat that cooks off the chicken. Depending on the size of your potatoes or chicken, they can be separated at the end if one needs more cooking. - Jenny Jones
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each of: salt, dried basil leaves, thyme leaves, oregano, garlic powder, and some pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken thighs (4 – 6 thighs)
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled & cut into thick wedges
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine oil & spices in a plastic bag.
- Rub smooth side of each chicken thigh lightly with oil/spice mixture.
- Unroll each thigh and place flat on broiler pan, smooth side up. Set aside.
- Place potato wedges in plastic bag with the oil/spice mixture. Rub to coat potatoes and place them on the large baking sheet. Add a bit more oil if needed.
- Slide potatoes to one side and place the broiler pan on the other side.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring potatoes once or twice.
- Thighs should register 165° - 170° F when cooked.
Note: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.