They call it Blasted Chicken. I like it plain but you can insert a piece of lemon, garlic, or some herbs in the cavity before roasting. Using a disposable foil broiling pan means no cleanup. Make sure your oven is fully preheated to 450 - that takes about 1/2 hour. - Jenny Jones
- one 3 1/2 pound chicken
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F. (my oven takes 35 minutes to reach 450)
- Bring chicken to room temperature and pat dry inside and out.
- Season inside and out with salt & pepper. Do not truss.
- Place on a broiler pan, a disposable foil broiling pan, or on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for about 45 minutes (around 12 minutes per pound) or until the internal temperature of the thigh measures 165°F.
- Pour juices out of the cavity and let the chicken rest at least 15 minutes. A foil tent will keep it warm.
- To serve, I remove the skin and pull the tender meat apart into pieces.