Make these and you’ll never use a mix again. It takes less than 5 minutes to make the batter. The key is not to over-mix so no electric mixer, please! They are just as good (& healthier) made with whole wheat pastry flour. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup all purpose or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons oil (I use extra-light olive oil)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Combine buttermilk, egg, and oil in a measuring cup.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture, gently folding until almost combined.
- Fold in blueberries. A lumpy batter is good.
- Preheat an electric non-stick griddle to 375° or a large non-stick pan to medium-high. (no greasing is needed but if desired, rub pan lightly with a stick of butter)
- Drop mounds onto griddle & cook for 2-3 minutes per side. When the edges are dry, the pancakes are done.
No buttermilk? See Substitutions in my blog.