These light and fluffy pancakes just happen to be good for you. Made with oats and whole wheat flour, they are 100% whole grain with lots of fiber. Cook on a non-stick griddle and no butter is needed. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup rolled oats (regular or quick oats)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine the buttermilk, egg, and oil in a measuring cup.
- Preheat a non-stick griddle to 375° or preheat a large nonstick skillet to medium-high.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the oat mixture, stirring until just moistened. Do not beat or over-mix.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the hot griddle and cook for about 3 minutes per side.
No buttermilk? No whole wheat pastry flour? See Substitutions in my blog.