Greek Spinach Rice
I love tucking vegetables into rice for a healthier side dish. Be sure to check the spinach over for any bad leaves. You can make this with brown rice – just add 25 minutes to the cooking time. And use less salt if your chicken stock is salted. - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 4-5 oz baby spinach, thick stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion & garlic in oil for one minute.
- Add dry, uncooked rice. Sauté for one minute.
- Add stock, spinach, dill, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.
Is the green onion those long green onions or just a regular onion? Thanks Jenny, everything I have made has been delicious!
If you google “green onion” you will see a picture, at least I did.
Hi, Jenny !
J like spinach at all, and now J know what J wll do for half board.Thanks
Elzbieta, my mother was from Lodz.
Hello from down under, i love your recipes cant stop watching in case i miss something please keep up the good work and cheers from Australia.
HI..THIS IS A WONDERFUL AND HEALTHY RECIPE..I LOVED IT..I ALSO LOVE EVERYTHING YOU SUGGEST..I AM A BIG FAN OF YOURS..PLEASE KEEP THE WONDERFUL RECIPES COMING..THANKS A MILLION..