Dark Chocolate Chunk Blondies
NOTE: THIS RECIPE HAS BEEN UPDATED (5/10/20) There’s almost no cleanup if you line your pan. Do not over-mix or over-bake. (Toasting the pecans makes a huge difference in taste.) - Jenny Jones
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour (or 1/2 all purpose and 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a sauce pan, heat the butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Chop nuts and chocolate and set aside.
- To the butter/sugar mixture, gently stir in oil, egg, and vanilla followed by flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and nuts, stirring as little as possible.
- Spread evenly into pan and bake for 18 minutes, no more. Do not over-bake.