Cook the pasta before you do any other prep because the pasta needs time to cool down. And be sure to use a pan with sloped sides so you can slide the frittata out of the pan. - Jenny Jones
- 4 ounces angel hair spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped (2 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- Break spaghetti in half and cook per package directions. (mine - 3 min.)
- Drain spaghetti, place in a large bowl and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Stir using 2 forks.
- Sauté onion in 1/2 tsp. oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes until golden.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add spinach mixture to spaghetti. Combine using 2 forks.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Stir egg mixture into spaghetti using 2 forks.
- Using the same fry pan, heat 1/2 tsp. oil over MEDIUM heat. Swirl the oil around and spread the spaghetti mixture evenly into the pan.
- Cover and cook, undisturbed, for 3 minutes.
- Remove frittata from pan, flip it over (see note below), swirl 1/2 tsp. oil around the pan, return frittata to pan, cover and cook another 3 minutes. Serve right away.
To Flip the Frittata: Be sure to use a pan with sloped edges. Slide the frittata onto a dinner plate. Cover it with another dinner plate. Flip the plates over. Swirl oil around the pan and slide the frittata back into the pan.