Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These cookies can be made with half oil / half butter as written, or with all butter or all oil. I barely detect a difference. You just need 4 tablespoons of fat. - Jenny Jones
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar (1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With electric hand mixer on medium-high, beat butter, oil, sugar, egg & vanilla in a bowl for 1 minute.
- On low speed, stir in oats, flour, baking soda & salt.
- Fold in raisins.
- Using a scoop, shape into 2-inch balls and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes. Do not overbake.
- (Recipe can be doubled.)