With this many vegetables in one bowl, you won’t need to take your vitamins. I make my own beef stock in advance using marrow bones but you can also use chicken or vegetable stock. I eyeball this soup as I make it and test vegetables for doneness and I tried my best to share the way it works for me. - Jenny Jones
- 12 cups beef stock, preferably homemade
- 1/3 cup small pasta (cook 3 min.)
- 1/3 cup each turnip & carrot (cook 2 min.)
- 1/3 cup each celery & green beans (cook 1 min.)
- 1/3 cup each zucchini, squash & corn (cook 1 min.)
- 1/3 cup each broccoli, tomato & peas (cook 1 min.)
- 1 cup baby spinach (cook 1 minute)
- 1/3 cup canned, drained cannelini beans (stir in)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the vegetables in advance (except spinach, corn & peas) Each ingredient should measure about 1/3 cup (except spinach).
- Bring 12 cups of beef stock to a boil and start adding ingredients according to what takes longest to cook first. Follow cooking times listed above.
- Taste for salt - I usually add 1/2 teaspoon salt at the end. Add pepper to taste.