Skinless chicken breast is lean and low fat and oven-baking on foil means less cleanup. I use an Italian mix of herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme & oregano) but you can use your own favorite mix. The second time you baste, be sure to pour all the remaining sauce over the chicken. I use a 9 x 9-inch pan. - Jenny Jones
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 small lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2-3 breasts)
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking pan with foil and place pan in oven while it preheats.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush the hot pan with sauce, place chicken in pan and brush liberally with sauce.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, basting twice, using all the remaining sauce. (Chicken is done at 165° F)
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. To serve, slice chicken and pour over remaining juices from pan.
For more on this recipe in my blog click here.