I love tucking vegetables into rice for a healthier side dish. Be sure to check the spinach over for any bad leaves. You can make this with brown rice – just add 25 minutes to the cooking time. And use less salt if your chicken stock is salted. - Jenny Jones
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- 4-5 oz baby spinach, thick stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion & garlic in oil for one minute.
- Add dry, uncooked rice. Sauté for one minute.
- Add stock, spinach, dill, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil, cover & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.