Use even more lemon if you like but this is perfect for me. I look for a 1-pound russet potato and slice it into 12 wedges. - Jenny Jones
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts (1/2 to 3/4 pound total)
- 1 pound russet potato - cut into wedges
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a zip top plastic bag.
- Add chicken & potatoes and let marinate while oven heats up.
- Pour chicken, potatoes & marinade into a 13 x 9-inch non-reactive baking dish. (I use Pyrex)
- Pour chicken stock over and submerge as many potatoes as possible.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, turning potatoes & chicken over after about 35 minutes. Chicken is done at 165° F.
- To serve, slice chicken and pour remaining juices over the chicken.
Note: There's more on this recipe in my blog, including more photos. Click here.