Gluten Free Lemon Brownies
You’ll need 3 small lemons and always zest the lemons before juicing. THIS IS NOT A PAID ENDORSEMENT, ONLY A RESPONSE TO MANY REQUESTS FOR GLUTEN FREE BAKING. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to1 gluten free baking flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Fage 2% or 5% - not fat free) - or sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil (I use avocado oil)
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- about 2 to 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch square pan with foil or parchment paper, leaving extra for “handles.”
- Put all ingredients into a bowl.
- Stir by hand until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Spread batter in pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Lift out of pan and spread glaze over warm brownies.
- Stir glaze ingredients together in a bowl, adding juice gradually until glaze is spreadable.