If you love pasta, make it count. Other vegetables I’ve used in this dish are broccolini, broccoli rabe, and Swiss chard. This dish is loaded with antioxidants. Broccoli is one of the best defenders against cancer. *Remember to save some pasta water before draining it. - Jenny Jones
- 5 oz. pasta
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups pasta water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- While pasta cooks, sauté garlic in oil in a large pan on medium-high for one minute until golden.
- Add asparagus & broccoli, cook & stir uncovered 3-4 minutes, adding pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time as needed. Cover & set aside.
- Before draining pasta, reserve 1 1/2 cups of cooking water.
- Whisk flour into reserved water until smooth.
- To the pan, add drained pasta, spinach, water/flour mixture, parmesan & salt. Cook 2-3 minutes until thickened.