This is similar my Vegetable Pasta side dish with beans added for protein to make it a complete meal. I've also used broccolini, broccoli rabe, kale & Swiss chard. Green vegetables protect your eyes, teeth & bones, and they boost your immune system. *Remember: save some pasta water before draining.
- 5 oz. pasta
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups pasta water
- 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, lightly drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (2 oz.)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- While pasta cooks sauté garlic in oil in a large pan on med-high for a minute until golden.
- Add broccoli, cook & stir uncovered about 3 minutes, adding pasta water 2 tablespoons at a time as needed. Cover & set aside.
- Before draining pasta, reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta-cooking water.
- Whisk flour, parmesan & salt into reserved water until smooth.
- To the pan, add drained pasta, beans, spinach, and water/flour mixture. Cook & stir for 2-3 minute until thickened.