You won’t get fresh garlic bread like this in any restaurant. My simple recipe takes just minutes to make… and just minutes to disappear. I like to use thick slices of sourdough but it’s great on Italian ciabatta bread too. Serve it right away and be ready to make more because this stuff is good! - Jenny Jones
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 1 Tablespoon trans fat-free margarine or softened butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon parmesan
- Leave oven rack in middle. Preheat broiler.
- On a small plate using a fork, mash together the margarine or butter, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread onto bread slices with a knife.
- Top with parmesan.
- Place on a foil-lined sheet or a disposable foil baking sheet.
- Broil for about 5 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.