To slice Brussels sprouts I remove the coarse outer leaves, cut them in half and slice into 1/4-inch slices, discarding the core. For this recipe I use Uncle Ben’s converted rice.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced Brussels sprouts - 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté onion & garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in Brussels sprouts, rice, water, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Note: For more servings you can double the recipe.