Wait ‘til you see how easy it is to make these healthy, sweet fries. Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sugars so they are even sweeter than the fried ones. If you use a convection oven, the fries will brown faster. - Jenny Jones
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or one humungous one)
- about 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Peel sweet potatoes & cut off pointy ends. Cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Grease a large baking pan with 2 teaspoons canola oil.
- Pour one tablespoon oil into a soft plastic bag (a produce bag works well).
- Place fries in the bag and rub to coat.
- Place fries on baking sheet, separating so they don’t touch.
- Roast for 15 minutes, turn fries over and roast another 15 minutes or until golden brown.