I use Ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips and they are quite large so besides chopping the pecans I like to chop the chocolate chips too. That way there's more in every bite. Toasting pecans first bring lots more flavor to any baking. - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (either chips or a chopped up bar)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease or line an 8 x 8 square pan with foil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well and add oil, eggs & vanilla, stirring gently until almost combined.
- Fold in pecans & chocolate chips or pieces.
- Spread evenly into pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.