Be sure to use natural peanut butter that's just peanuts and salt. This is a thick dough so you can roll the balls by hand or use a large melon scoop. Use whole wheat pastry flour if you like bit if it makes the dough is too thick, add 2 tablespoons of water. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (natural, I use chunky)
- 1/3 cup oil (any vegetable oil or extra light olive oil)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (preferably toasted first)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On wax paper or in a bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With electric mixer beat peanut butter, oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla for 1 or 2 minutes until thick.
- On low speed, add flour/oat mixture.
- Fold in nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Shape into 1 1/2" balls & place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Press them halfway down with a wet fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes.