Kitchen Sink Cookies
Be sure to use natural peanut butter that's just peanuts and salt. This is a thick dough so you can roll the balls by hand or use a large melon scoop. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 3/4 cup whole grain pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (natural, I use chunky)
- 1/3 cup oil (canola or extra light olive oil)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (preferably toasted first)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On wax paper or in a bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With electric mixer beat peanut butter, oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla for 2 or 3 minutes until thick.
- On low speed, add flour/oat mixture followed by water.
- Fold in nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Shape into 1 1/2" balls & place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Press them flat with a wet fork.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
Notes: (Still want the old recipe? Click here)