Three words: Easy. Easy. Easy. Homemade croutons leave all the others in the dust. I like to use fresh Italian bakery style ciabatta bread. Day old bread is okay but to me, fresh bread makes… fresh croutons. - Jenny Jones
- 4 one-inch thick slices of ciabatta or other Italian bread
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut bread into 1-inch chunks.
- Place in a bowl or plastic bag (a produce bag is good).
- Add oil, salt & pepper. Toss/smoosh to coat.
- Spread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning once.
Notes: Additions you can make: fresh garlic, fresh parsley, dried oregano or basil, onion powder, garlic powder, or parmesan.
For more on this recipe in my blog click here.