You can have your cupcake and eat two! This easy recipe uses no eggs, almost no butter, and you will never feel stuffed by eating one of these… or two. 🙂 No matter how many you make, they won’t last long. The best part? One bowl! - Jenny Jones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa, preferably Dutch processed (I use Droste)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cool water
- 6 Tablespoons canola or extra light olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice or distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Insert paper liners in 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl sift flour thru salt. Stir to combine.
- In a measuring cup combine water thru vanilla.
- Add liquids to flour mixture and combine well using a spatula.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups (1/2 to 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in the pan and frost.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Beat with electric mixer to combine.
- Add a little extra sour cream if needed to obtain a spreading consistency. (about 1/2 Tbsp.)