Faster No Knead Whole Wheat Bread
It's the easiest high fiber bread you can make. Be sure to aerate your flour before measuring and use oven gloves for that very hot Dutch oven. - Jenny Jones
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups hot water (up to 130° F)
- (about 2 Tablespoons extra flour for shaping)
- Combine flours, yeast and salt in a large bowl. Stir in water until it’s well combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, place dough on a well-floured surface and sprinkle with a little flour. Using a scraper fold dough over 10-12 times & shape into a rough ball.
- Place in a parchment paper-lined bowl and cover with a towel. Let stand on counter top for 35 minutes.
- Meantime place a 3 to 6-quart Dutch oven with lid in a cold oven and preheat to 450° F. My oven takes 35 minutes to reach 450°.
- After 35 minutes, carefully, using oven gloves, lift the parchment paper and dough from the bowl and place gently into the hot pot. (parchment paper goes in the pot too) Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and parchment paper. Return, uncovered, to oven and bake 10 more minutes.