Easy One Bowl Blondies
You only need 3 tablespoons of butter for these yummy, chewy bars. Toasting the pecans makes a huge difference in taste and there’s almost no cleanup if you line your pan with foil. Do not overmix or overbake. - Jenny Jones
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted & cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch square pan with foil.
- In a bowl, stir together the butter, oil, sugar, egg & vanilla.
- Gently stir in the flour(s), baking soda & salt until barely combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and nuts, stirring as little as possible.
- Spread evenly into pan and bake for 18 minutes. Do not overbake.