This is my no-fail, foolproof dinner that’s easy to make and feels like fine dining. Don't like squishy mushrooms? Just chop them up really fine. Mushrooms are immune system boosters. Serve over rice or noodles with a vegetable on the side.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup green onions, white & green parts
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (4 large ones)
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- In a large pan, sauté chicken in 2 teaspoons hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, stirring a few times. Remove to a foil-lined bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium, add 1 tsp. oil and saute onions for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, cook & stir until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk flour & milk together and add, with 1/2 tsp. salt & pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until thickened, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken with its juices. Serve over rice or noodles.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.