Everything in one bowl…stir… bake… no mixer… and only five ingredients. That’s why I love this easy recipe. For the chocolate, I use a 3-ounce bar of 62 to 72% sweet dark chocolate. Recipe can be doubled or tripled. These are showstoppers! - Jenny Jones
- 7 ounce bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3 ounces sweet dark chocolate, melted.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put coconut, egg whites, sugar, and flour in a bowl. Combine using 2 forks.
- Shape into mounds on baking sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave (or in a double boiler). Cool cookies slightly and dip each one into warm, melted chocolate and roll to coat edges (or spoon chocolate onto one side of the tops). Place on wax paper to cool.
Note: To make coconut-almond macaroons, just add 2-3 tablespoons of ground toasted almonds.