THIS RECIPE WAS UPDATED & SIMPLIFIED SINCE MAKING THE VIDEO. It's best to have all your ingredients at room temperature. - Jenny Jones
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or extra light olive oil
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 12-inch round baking pan (even non-stick).
- Beat butter, oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla for one minute to combine.
- On low speed, add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Spread or pat dough onto baking pan. It's best to keep dough in the center thinner so it bakes evenly.
- Top with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes. Cool and slice into wedges.
Note: For the whole wheat version, use 3/4 cup all purpose flour + 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour.