Okay, it's just a really big cookie, but it’s more fun to eat it pizza-style. This a great idea for kids’ parties and grownups will be glad to have a healthier version of everyone’s favorite cookie. Cool before cutting. - Jenny Jones
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole grain pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup oil (canola or extra light olive oil)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 12-inch round baking pan (even non-stick).
- Sift flours, baking soda & salt onto wax paper or into a bowl.
- Beat butter and oil to combine and slowly beat in sugars.
- Add egg and continue beating until thick. (1-2 minutes)
- Stir in vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Spread dough onto baking sheet using back of a spoon or spatula. Irregular edges are fine – it will spread while baking.
- Top with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes. Cool and slice into wedges.