The riper the bananas the sweeter. Size matters with this loaf so it's best to use the suggested size pan. I like to sift the dry ingredients together onto wax paper before adding. Use any vegetable oil you like and ALWAYS AERATE YOUR FLOUR BEFORE MEASURING. - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (I use extra light olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts (I use pecans & walnuts)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Grease a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Mash bananas with a fork to measure one cup.
- Place mashed bananas in a bowl and add sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer on high for one minute.
- Stir in flours, baking powder and baking soda by hand until almost combined (no mixer).
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Notes: For more on this recipe in my blog click here.