Roasting Brussels sprouts makes them kind of sweet and they are a must-eat. Besides protecting against inflammation and cancer, they’re especially high in vitamin K, which promotes healthy bones and proper brain function. - Jenny Jones
- 1 pound small Brussels sprouts (or larger ones cut in half)
- 1 pound baby potatoes, whole & unpeeled (or fingerling potatoes cut in half)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- juice of one small lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place vegetables in a bowl or plastic bag and toss with oil, garlic, salt & pepper.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, shaking the pan a few times.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and parmesan.