Traditionally made with heavy cream and butter, my version has no cream and no butter. Be sure to whisk until there are no lumps. While cooking, stir continually to avoid sticking or burning. Start your pasta first because this is quick. - Jenny Jones
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I use 1% low fat milk but it works with 2% or whole milk)
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, whisk milk & flour until smooth.
- Add Parmesan and salt.
- Place in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over fettuccini or your favorite pasta.