5-Minute Alfredo Sauce
Traditionally made with heavy cream and butter, my version has no cream and no butter. Before cooking, be sure to whisk until there are no lumps. While cooking, stir continually to avoid sticking or burning. - Jenny Jones
- 2 1/2 cups milk (I use 1% low fat milk)
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, whisk milk & flour until smooth and place in a sauce pan.
- Add Parmesan and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over fettuccini or your favorite pasta.