Nobody likes a limp pickle. This recipe makes a crisp & tangy dill pickle in just 3 hours! I use the 1 1/2 lb. jar that spaghetti sauce comes in. All fermented foods contain probiotics so think of pickles as “friendly” for their friendly bacteria. A friendly pickle would say, “Hey, how you doin’? Go ahead... eat me. I’m down with that.” :-) - Jenny Jones
- 1 cup water (divided)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or sliced in half
- 3-4 sprigs fresh dill
- 3 firm pickling “Kirby” cucumbers
- Put 1/4 cup hot water into jar.
- Add sugar & salt and stir until dissolved.
- Add 3/4 cup cold water and add vinegar.
- Add onion, garlic, and dill.
- Scrub the cuces well and slice each one into spears.
- Add cuces to jar and refrigerate at least 3 hours.